Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Monday, December 21, 2009

Tatting..with.....


WOOL!
I'd been wanting to do this for so long.....
Just about 2 day's back
I gave it a try with my crochet hook,
could only make rings...
Googled 'tatting with wool'
and found
and
Totusmel gives a pattern for a scarf done with
what else,
YARN!
I never thought it could be done!
Not with the SHUTTLE of course,
but with
THE NEEDLE!
Everytime I thought about needle tatting I'd almost
rubbished it off
I could do anything with the shuttle!
HOW WRONG I WAS!
(I'm sorry if I hurt anybody's sentiments.)
.
Now,
the needle is my new best friend!
and I can't get enough of it.
Been to Georgia Seitz's site
Hh tatting,
read the needle tatters forum on In-Tatters
Joined Needle tatters
and still can't get enough......
Here's to show off what I'm doing with the needle....


.
1st attempt flower.....
.


.
Simple bracelet
With the Josephine chain and split-rings!
.


.
The lock of the bracelet
Ring through ring....
.


.
Another bracelet...
.


.

Bracelet with a pendant
with my pretty pretty rose buttons....
.



.
Brooch on my coat laple with the needle through...
.

.
Starting off an edging....
The pattern asked for 10 ds in the clover
can't handle that big a ring with wool,
it gets better with a smaller size and another try....
See the small pink one done in size 20 thread....
.
OOOOH!!!
Am I enjoying myself.....
.
Getting the needles was tough and I did have to
innovate for that too,
There were no needle tatting instruments in the local store I get my stuff from
(he'd never heard of anything like needle tatting before!)
And because I've never ordered anything from the web,
And also because I could't wait to get going ,
I had to get down to business urgently!

Well,
.
.
.
I took a Regular thick long needle with a sharp end and
filed the sharp end off to make it blunt!
The thinner needle used for the 20 thread
is a flowering needle used to make garlands!
It was almost a foot long,
I've cut off the sharp end and
filed it up too!
They are both working well.
Let's see how far am I going to go with this.......
.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin