Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Sew blue sew.....

In love with blue!

Sewing blue!

And what better than soft indigo dyed cotton. All time favourite.




-

Made this angrakha style top. In love with this print, color and cloth ( but it bleeds so much I get blued every time I wear it!!!! ).
It took me a long time to decide what to do with the ties. Made small thread tassels and sewed them on.

I made a princess seam pattern from my own size top pattern and this was designed based on that.
This was so much fun to do!
Nice armholes and neck. There are still few things I could have done better like
- the place where the cross over part of the inner part joins the seam is pulling on the seam.
- the v neck line doesn't lie flat on the front.
The princess seam seems a little bit high.

Can't think of any more but next time I'll try to do better.

Still wearing it right now and loving it. And for a change hubby dear liked it too!





Made this shirt last week. Looooove the fit. And of course the color! This I made with the shirt pattern block I made. This is I think the best block I've made so far. Not much tweaking to be done. Just trace cut and sew.. Still got lots of work on my collar skills though. Made a white shirt based on the same pattern. That came out pretty well too.
Happy.






Ok. Another lovely cloth. Indigo dye block print. Red piping.
Pallazo style pants with short simple sleeveless blouse.
So comfy to wear.
Messed up a little with the neck line though. I'm still struggling with the bias bound curves.
I'm trying. One day I'll get it right.

Quiet a lot of bluing goin on? Well maybe next time I'll try to focus on some other color.

So long......




Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

muskaan said...

Love your designing skills & execution ! One can see the fun you are having in creating these :-)

Best Amazon Products said...

Nice post,thanks for sharing


best hanging planters

Go4Ethnic said...

nice post, your post is unique and very interestings.
Ethnic Wear Shopping Site
Online Clothes Shopping India

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin