Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Monday, December 22, 2008

Flower Dangler.

Today I'm in a very sour mood so I sat down and tried to make just about

anythingwith the threads left in my shuttles.

Ended up with this! The Josephine chain didn't turn out well

and God I'm so bad at the 'Tie and Cut' part. I just can't make out where to hide the ends!

Still it is my first attempt at the 'Maltese Ring'

Maybe I'll make them into danglers.

I've got to tat more to get into a better mood after all!!!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute little dangly flower. I tat to feel better sometimes, too! I think you are being to hard on yourself, your josephine spiral chain looks fine to me! I always have to play with the twist a little in order to get it to look "perfect", that is normal!
Have fuun making your maltese ring! Jane Eborall has page about how to hide ends. I cannot find the link for it right now, but here are two other links that have info on how to hide the ends by sewing.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~TammyRodgers/lilys_way.html


http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~nickeb/sewends.htm

You can copy and paste each link into your browser window. Hope that helps! I use the magic thread method, but these links are a great start and much easier than magic thread! :)

Sewicked said...

You can also 'cheat' by making those thread ends into part of the design; as a tassel for example.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin